General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Weeknight Rides from Downtown M'boro

pick a route & lead one. when were you thinking of going?

Re: Re: Weeknight Rides from Downtown M'boro

I knew you would say that...I dont know...maybe a
Tuesday evening. I was thinking it would be fun to blast through town on a short loop. Fast pace, heart pumping, muscle screaming ride. Warm up for 10 minutes and then go all out for 10 minutes, moderate 10 and another all out 10 with a 10 minute cool down. More or less as a loop from the Boro and back. Would this be possible? Or would traffic make it too dangerous?

Since the club has regular Tuesday (2) and Thursday rides during the season then why not do yours on Wed.? Years ago the racers used to ride from Hap's shop on Wed.'s.?
As far as a route well maybe warm-up from downtown to John Bragg and then an all out sprint on the shoulder of John Bragg out 10 miles, back-off for 5 miles on out, turn around and do another 10 mile all out sprint, then cool down back to downtown start point?
My 2 cents worth

Cary

The club already has two rides on Tuesday evenings and two on Thursday evenings. Make that 3 rides on Tuesdays, with two of them leaving from Sharpsville Church of Christ. These are all regular, weekly rides with consistent times and locations. Historically, the Tuesday ride from Sharpsville has been referred to as "Tuesday Night At the Races". This was a consensus ride (no formal leader) and was geared toward those looking for speed. As far as I know, that ride still exists, along with a more moderate pace ride led by Bob Barkley - both leaving from Sharspville. Of course, that's not leaving from downtown ....

And as other's have said, you're free to lead your own ride. We do prefer that people not use the club bulletin board to post rides that conflict with 'sanctioned' club rides. If you want to lead a different ride (say, on Wednesday as Cary suggested) let me know know the details, and we'll present it to the officers for possibility of including it on our 'regular weekly schedule'.

Re: Re: Weeknight Rides from Downtown M'boro

I believe that Steve was trying to set up rides until the regular club rides begin in April. Tuesday nights from downtown beginning now as the weather allows until April. Am I correct Steve?

Re: Re: Re: Weeknight Rides from Downtown M'boro

I dont want to do anything that conflicts with existing rides. You can look in bike magazines or on the web at various "rides" across the country that are known for one reason or another. They are more or less famous partly on the location, but also for the content of the ride. The "Boro" (as I have dreamed up)could be known as a ride to be ridden. We have a lot to offer in our area and "the ride" could be something else. I thought it would be fun to leave from the square...lots of character and places to meet before and afterwards.

Maybe it could be on Wednesday or Friday, it doesnt really matter to me although an intense ride on
Wednesday night after work appeals to me.

I am not a racer, but I enjoy interval training, which makes me a little weird I guess. If this is not something for this club, thats ok. It is just a thought.

steve