General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dog Owner Encounter on Locke's Creek

Yesterday T. Hickman and I were accosted by a female dog owner after T. sprayed the dogs when they came into the road. We received a good cursing as we travelled on. The wife did not think we understood her displeasure, so she stewed a while and hopped into her car. She caught T. past the big turn on the last climb, and cut him off forcing him to stop. She told us how her husband would "whoop our (beast of burden)" although he failed to deliver this message personally. I decided against advising her of the law on the subject or telling her what I would have done to her dogs if they came out on me. The owner departed as T. began dialing the Sheriff. We continued our assent peacefully. These folks occupy the Davenport rent house about 2 miles from the top. Beware if you are wearing a red jacket while riding this road.

Re: Dog Owner Encounter on Locke's Creek

Thomas and I met the dogs once, but didn't have the pleasure of meeting the owners.

Re: Re: Dog Owner Encounter on Locke's Creek

We encountered the big dog at the top. That was less than fun. I believe it was a rottweiler. That whole ride was an adventure... Sarah, have you ever forgiven Larry?

Re: Dog Owner Encounter on Locke's Creek

Yes, I have forgiven Larry AND Dwight. Larry has even gotten me on gravel and across cattle guards and I LIKED it!! It's all about the adventure!! Life is short..take that road less traveled, you may see wonderous things...I'd prefer it not be rottweilers, but even that has become a club legend....what bridge she said..