General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christmas Party

Remember that our club Christmas party is this Saturday, (Dec. 8th) at 6:30, at the Sportsman's Club (on Medical Center Parkway, formerly Lokey). Bring a side dish or dessert and we'll be having the dirty Santa gift exchange again. See you then!

Re: Christmas Party

I must really be dense as I dont see this place....coming from M'boro towards 24 on Medical Center parkway, the place is on the left just before the overpass that is just after Broad St.? Is that correct?

Re: Re: Christmas Party

It's easy to miss. On medical Center going toward the shopping (away from Broad), it's on the left before the bridge. The lot has river frontage so if you cross the river, you've missed it. I think there is a metal gate blocking the entrance. You're looking for the last entrance to property on the left before the bridge.

Steve and anyone else who has been looking,

We will try to tie some balloons at the street entrance. As Bob said, it is easy to miss. The building sits far back from the street.

Re: Re: Re: Christmas Party

the balloons will be a good idea. Sarah has been telling me it is for a couple of weeks and I just havent been able to find the building. thanks again. steve

I agree. I have been looking for the elusive "Sportsman Club" for a month. I feel like we are going to a speak easy! Should I dress in black and learn a secret knock to get in.

Dress in black & learn a secret knock AND drive thru the gate closest to the river. It's there on the left where you CAN miss it. Stone building (I think) back from the street. Over the bridge is too far so turn around. It's really hard to find in the snow when the road is torn up with construction but that shouldn't be the case this year.

Eric- If you hear banjo music you are at the wrong building. It is really easy to miss at night so maybe build a bonfire just outside the gate? Or how about one of the relator signs we use for the HOT indicating rest stop ahead?
It's even harder to find your way out if you drink too much bubbly!
Ho-Ho-Ho!