General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Hot Boudin, cold cous cous-come on tigers poosh poosh poosh-I'm warming up for the game!!! Sorry Lynn!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Love the cheer! Got anymore Cajun cheers???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GEAUX TIGERS!!!

The Ohio buckeye is the state tree of Ohio and an original term of endearment for the pioneers on the Ohio frontier, with specific association with William Henry Harrison. Subsequently, the word was used as the nickname of the Ohio State University sports teams and came to be applied to any graduate of the university.

The buckeye confection, made to resemble the tree's nut, is made by dipping a dollop of peanut butter fudge in milk chocolate, leaving a circle of the peanut butter exposed. These are a popular treat in Ohio, especially during the Christmas and NCAA college football seasons.

The buckeye got its name when Native Americans noticed the nuts' resemblance to a buck's eye.
It is also consider to be a 'good luck' symbol. Should I get LSU fans one to carry?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Nut, please do not go through the trouble of getting these so-called luck charms for LSU. The Florida Gators have a surplus of these nuts leftover from last year's BCS title game....which were totally USELESS!!

Re: GEAUX TIGERS!!!

The Louisiana Tigers was the common nickname for a brigade of infantry in the Confederate States Army during the American Civil War. Although its exact composition changed as the war progressed, the Tigers were a key part of the Army of Northern Virginia and developed a reputation as fearless, hard fighting shock troops.

The origin of the term came from the "Tiger Rifles," a volunteer company raised in the New Orleans area as part of Major Chatham Roberdeau Wheat's battalion of Louisiana infantry. A large number of the men were foreign-born, particularly Irish immigrants, many from the city's wharves and docks. Another large segment were French-speaking Creoles. Many men had previous military experience in local militia units or as filibusters.

During the Gettysburg Campaign, the Tigers were feared by much of the southern Pennsylvania populace, who feared the thievery and drunkenness that were associated with the colorful Louisianians.

During the reorganiztion of Robert E. Lee's army in 1864, Hays's much depleted brigade of Tigers was consolidated with the "Pelican Brigade," another veteran Louisiana brigade. The nickname Tigers eventually came to encompass all Louisiana infantry troops that fought under Lee.

The nickname "Tigers" lives on with the athletic teams of the Louisiana State University.

Re: Re: GEAUX TIGERS!!!

I'm lost I thought it was all about Mike the Tiger

Re: Re: Re: GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Who the heck is Mike the Tiger? Tony the Tiger is the one.

That was 'Tony' tiger

Don't let Holly know that the "TIGERS" are named after Confederate soldiers---she'll never pull for LSU if she finds out.

Re: GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Throughout history people have feared the Drunken Coonass Tigers, nobody's scared of a drunken Buckeye!

Re: Re: GEAUX TIGERS!!!

We don't drink. We are just nuts..

I feel like I need to take an exam now...so much history!!

But can you imagine Nut drunk? I'd be scairt.

Re: Re: Re: Re: GEAUX TIGERS!!!

I officially RESCIND my apology regarding the Buckeye's mascot. Nut represented herself under false pretense.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Check out this website www.tigerpimpnation.com
I know Eric and Coonbilly has to be in there somewhere!!