General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Geraldine Keene--bike auto accident

Some of you may remember Geraldine Keene, or Jerry, as most everyone called her.

She was involved in a bike/auto accident last week. She has numerous broken bones, and is in quite a lot of pain. Her doctor said if she had not had on a helmet, she would not be alive today. The helmet was broken.

A car evidently took the inside of a curve, and hit her head-on. Jerry went over the hood, broke the windshield, and continued over the top of the car. She is extremely lucky to be alive.

If you know Jerry, you know she loved her bike. When I talked to you, she said, "Sally, my bicycle is totaled."

I am sure she would appreciate all your prayers and thoughts while she recovers, and if you can, a card. Her address is:
St. Mary's Health System
900 E. Oak Hill Avenue
Knowville, TN 37917-4558
Room #470
Thanks.
Sally Edwards

Re: Geraldine Keene--bike auto accident

Thanks for the information Sally. I will get a card off to her. Glad she is still with us and hope she recovers completely.

Re: Re: Geraldine Keene--bike auto accident

Wow. Thanks Sally. Let her know how much she means to us and that we are thinking of her. We'll get in touch as well.

We'll let Ann Allsbrook know. She's living in Colorado now.

Re: Geraldine Keene--bike auto accident

Mike stopped by and visited Gerry yesterday on his way back to work in SC. She has many broken or fractured bones and ribs- including a broken shoulder, but she doesn't have any casts. Her spirits are remarkably good. Mike hand delivered the card that I took to the beginning of last Sunday's ride which everyone signed. She was appreciative of the card and thoughts and wants to tell everyone here hello and thanks for their support.
Sally, please give us another update after your visit this coming weekend.
Kay Harvey