General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Role Models for church bike ride

I have organized a bike ride for the members of my church on September 29, and expect about 40-50 people to attend. If you would be interested in being a "roll" model for the kids, I would appreciate it if you could come out and ride with us. These people are not serious riders, and do not always follow the rules for biking and I think your presence would be a good influence on them. This is a very slow 14-miler, with one rest stop and lunch will be provided afterwards. The ride is in the Christiana area. If you would like to demostrate to kids (and adults) the safe way to ride, please call me at 347.0397.

Re: Role Models for church bike ride

Good seeing you at Gladeville Sally. I would be glad to ride if my shedule is free. It will probably be a last minute decision. I know Fran has mentioned this ride to me. Lynn

Re: Re: Role Models for church bike ride

Great! You are a great role/roll model. If you are able to come, would it be possible for you to give a little safey speech? I have always done it, but I think sometimes having someone they don't know might be more effective.
Thanks again. Sally

Re: Re: Re: Role Models for church bike ride

hey Sally...I'm the club ride leader for that day, leaving Rockvale at 8:00. let me know what time your ride is leaving and where you plan to start the ride. Maybe I can route our ride through to meet up with you....no promises, but it might work.

Re: Role Models for church bike ride

It might be last minute, maybe I can attend wearing my jersey inside out and give a speech. No promises.

Re: Re: Role Models for church bike ride

The ride will start on Millersbury Road at David Ashs' hom--just past the Millersbury Church. I have told everyone to be there at 9:30, and the ride will start at 10:00.

If anyone is willing to give the safety talk, look me up when you arive. I would be more than willing to let someone else to the talk. I have done it so may times I wonder if they even hear me now.

This is, as I mentioned earlier, a very slow 14-miler.