General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Research was arduous

All that riding trying different road combos is really a tough task but our paying guests deserve a good route. Such is life. Glad you like it. Will have to research some more & tweak it for next year.

We may try & ride the 100 loop early this Fri before the ride. Will post in case anyone wants to go along.

Cary, the last time thru downtown Statesville was sort of like visiting dog alley. I'll consider re-routing but may opt for signs. We plan on doing something there & also in downtown Woodbury. Did anyone find any other spots that need attention?

Re: Research was arduous

I did the 33 on Thursday and missed the Readyville rest stop and kept going straight. The arrows coming out of the rest stop to the left could be marked "66 only". Too hot for our paying guest to go the wrong way like I did.

Re: HOT 100 Route

One other suggestion. There is a stray turn marker going into Woodbury indicating a left turn onto HW145 (Auburntown road). This confused some riders. They ended up in Auburntown!

Re: HOT 100 Route

Hey, I made that turn. I am drawn to that hill like a moth to a flame. There is a Crankin Cannon County marker at that turn that may confuse some people. We may just want to put a marker in telling people to go straight.

I loved the 66 route. I can tell a lot of thought went into the planning. There is a little something for everyone and it is never boring.