General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mikael Luman 12,000 mile ride

Dear Cycling Friend,
My son Mikael and I are in the midst of a 12,000 mile bicyle ride around the United States to promote my son's non-profit foundation "A Generation Free" and his book "800 Meters". His book is the story of his addiction and recovery. Mikael spent ten years addicted to drugs (meth) and has made a miraculous recovery. He started "A Generation Free" to promote teaching life skills classes in kindergarten through high school. He is very dedicated to this cause. Mikael's story and message is inspiring.

We are emailing to ask for your HELP. We are funding this ride with our own personal resourses. However, the ride is costing us much more than we anticipated (gas alone for the support vehicle is approximately $100 per day). Corporate sponsors plan their budgets one to two years in advance and Mikael felt the need to get his message of hope and change out now. We are asking for donations to support our cause. Any amount would be appreciated, but we would be grateful to receive $100 from each cycling club we contact. Please go to www.800meters.com to see Mikael's story and link to "A Generation Free". There is also a link to make a donation. Thank you in advance for your help. If you are in a city where we will be riding we would love to have you come and visit with us, ride with us, or help us with the safest roads on which to travel. Please forward this to anyone who might wish to help or would be interested in his story.

Gratefully yours,
David Luman
503-643-1827