General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Accident coverage?

If my bike ($3k) is a total write-off after an accident, is there any chance it's covered by homeowner's insurance? Anyone have experience with this?

Re: Accident coverage?

Perhaps. Read your contract. Ins carriers live & die by the contract. May have needed special endorsement for it to be covered.

Re: Accident coverage?

I have State Farm and I've tried to take out a personnal article on my bikes. my agent told me I didn't need one, that they were covered under home owners. I even made sure to mention the cost to replace them and he said I was still fine.

I have a Sportworks rack, mounts on the bakc of the car. I did ask about that and I believe it is not covered by my auto coverage, because it's outside the bumpers of the vehicle. I don't really think I'll back into someone fast enough to damage a bike, but I guess anything can happen. one thing I did hear if you were rear end that they might only pay a part of the replacement because it is used, only pay a percentage of the cost of a new one.

hope that helps...

JW

I might call your agent and see what they think.

Re: Re: Accident coverage?

Call your agent & ask about a "hypothetical" incident. You don't want anything entered into the computer until you know you want to file a claim. AND read your contract. The agent may give an off the cuff incorrect answer & regardless of agent's statements, carrier is bound by the contract.