General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Saturday ride to the Foglight

Where is it for us fair weather fogies? I'll meet you there if its coming down.

I plan to ride regardless of rain but for some of you fair weather folks that might just drive-up to eat here are directions to Foglight's. I might add a very scenic drive since it is the route we are riding up.
Start Woodbury Square
L- W. Main changes to E. Main
L- Hwy 53
R- Stones River Road (no sign but marked)
R- stop sign(SS) top of hill onto Short Mt. Rd.
L- Judge Posser Hill Rd (less then 500' from last turn)
L- Hwy 287 North(on this all the way to Rock Island)
L- Hwy 136 North at SS (Rock Island Mkt on left)
L- Power House Rd (look for Foglight sign)
L-Foglight's parking lot (WARNING GRAVEL)
It is 32 miles from Woodbury to Foglight's and all turns are marked in floresent orange (circles with line to indicate turn or straight)
But please ride up if possible as it's a great route that will make you think you are in France with the sunflowers and all!
Bonne Route!
Cary- 893-0721 (Think No Rain)

Re: Re: Saturday ride to the Foglight

Cary,
Just to let you know...I'm riding rain or shine.

Oh, one more thing, PLEASE call my cell-phone 615-904-5940 before 8:30 am Sat. morning if you decide to drive up instead of ride.
Think sunshine and blue sky's!- Cary

Hey Cary, where is the square? If I take 70S to Woodbury, do I run into the square? Steve

Steve, Yes 70S will take you directly to the Woodbury Square. Parking is on the inside of the square. CAUTION/WARNING- When you enter Woodbury the speed limit drops to 40 to 30 to 20 and the local fuzz are eager to let you make a donation to the city treasury.

Cary

Cary, thank you for leading this great ride, however I cannot believe more of you did not stop and enjoy the timeless pleasure of swimming in a farm pond with Amy and me.

Re: Re: Re: Saturday ride to the Foglight

Hey Mike,

We were just on a mission to get back and did beat any rain. Wasn't it a fun day? And thanks for your recruiting efforts! Please tell Clyde, Travis, Lannie, and Bo that we are very glad to have them as members. If they can go to http://mborobike.com/aboutus/join.php, they will see what info I need. If they email it to me (drjdooley@bellsouth.net), I will forward to Cindy and Nancy and they will soon be receiving the newsletter.

Wow! What a ride! Fun, hard and educational! I'm going to redo my seat pack now, starting with tubes. Thank you Cary for setting this up and for staying back with me over my tire, and John???? for donating a tube....

Big thanks to all that came and rode and had a great meal and lots of fun. Mike, I still can't believe I rode by the farm pond without stopping to swim, my loss. We got lucky on the rain on the way back since it was moving about 20 minutes ahead of us.
I'll plan to lead this ride and eat again in the future and next time we might just start from the farm pond to make it easier to include the swimming.
See you on thd road- Cary

I add my thanks to everyone else's Cary. Great ride and the swimming hole was a perfect end. I already took my bike to REI for repairs. I am good to go now. The derailer mount was bent. I have no idea how that happened.