General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
event question

Does anyone have any information about the event described below? The question is asked by Gene Fitch, the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs & Dean of Student Life at MTSU. I told him I would post the question. You can email me or email Gene directly if you know about this event. jdooley@mtsu.edu or gfitch@mtsu.edu.
Thanks for you help,
Jennifer

"We have recently found a flyer on campus advertising an event on Friday, July 27. The event is scheduled for 7:00 pm in front of the library.

I'm not sure what the event is called although the flyer says "Mischief, Mahem, Bicycles." It also says "Critical Mass - reclaiming the streets of Murfreesboro."

If anyone has information about this event can you please contact us so we may discuss the specifics with the organizers?"

Re: event question

There is a flyer on the front door of the bike shop. Has a picture of a red co-motion tandem on the botton-what you think Jen we roll up on the caterpillar or is that herniapillar?

Re: Re: event question

So, Brenda, is it a ride? Do you know who is behind it? And, count me in on the caterpillar if you mean it!

Re: Re: Re: event question

I heard it called the Utah Express...aka the many wives of James....

Sorry I don't know anything about a Critical Mass Ride on Friday. I'll check with those MTSU students that live in my garage and eat out of my fridge to see if they've heard anything or can find out anything.

It sounds as though beer may be involved.

Reclaiming the streets of the Boro and Beer mentioned in the same discussion. Sounds like it might be fun! Has to be dark beer though.

I saw the flyer at the bike shop. I have seen too many discussions of Critical Mass on other forums. For those not in the know, Critical Mass riders ride through cities on the major streets, usually at rush hour, blocking lanes and running lights. They claim they are trying to raise awareness but IMHO, all they do is tick drivers off and hurt our goal of sharing the road. I sincerely hope that this "event" does not occur or at least does not have enough riders to cause significant harm.

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I have passed it along and I am very glad you let us know what is up.

Re: Re: Re: event question

thanks for the clarification.