General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Both Tuesday Night Rides Cancelled

Hello Everyone,

Both Tuesday night rides have been cancelled for July 17. You are all encouraged to attend the meeting described below. Since our rides typically start at 5:30 p.m., if everyone could be there en mass by 5:30 that would certainly make a statement. If you are brave enough to ride on Hwy 96, perhaps you could show up on your bicycle.

There will be a club ride Wednesday night leaving from Kittrell at 5:30. Bob Barkley will lead that ride and you can contact him for more information. 615-351-9394

Date: July 2, 2007
Notice to: Property Owners or Residents affected by Rucker Lane Widening
Subject: Information Meeting

The City of Murfreesboro is planning to widen Rucker Lane from Franklin Road (State Route 96) to the proposed Southwest Loop Road. This project includes a three-lane road with curbs and gutters, sidewalks, and storm drainage. (sic...no mention of bike lane??!!)

An informal meeting has been scheduled for staff members from the City Engineering Department and representative from Wiser Company, LLC, the City's consultant for the project, to be available to review the plans, explain the project, and answer questions. The meeting will be held in the Fellowship Hall at Franklin Road Baptist Church located at 3148 Franklin Road between 4:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 17,2007. Property owners or residents may come by at any time during the above hours.

We received this in the mail this past week. I am very concerned that there is no mention of bike lanes in the widening. It would be great if as many of you as can, stop by and express your desire to have bike lanes added to any roads that are being "improved". Rucker is a great connector for many of our neighborhoods to many beautiful country roads, perfect for cycling.

I have also attached a link to the top 10 road projects going on in Rutherford County from the Murfreesboro Post. To read the full story go to this website: http://www.murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=4863. I know one of these road effect you. Let your wishes be known.

Please take time to review this document as well: http://ci.murfreesboro.tn.us/PDF_files/dept/planning/draftdesignguidelines.pdf

I am trying to get an electronic copy of a document entitled "The City of Murfreesboro Bicycle Plan - January 1994" prepared by Greenways Incorporated for the City of Murfreesboro. This is a >100 page document of the city of Murfreesboro bicycle plan as put down on paper in 1994. Several of our club members have been involved in the creation of this plan as well as attempting to hold the City Council accountable to this plan. (if anyone out there has the ability to scan a document of this size and save it as a PDF file, please let me know ASAP)

It is time for the Murfreesboro Bicycle Club and all interested parties to get involved in this process and work together to make the bicycle plan a reality. Murfreesboro has a great cycling community and we should all work together to achieve the designation of "Bicycle Friendly Community" as our neighbor Chattanooga.

A special thank you to Cary Way, Kay Harvey, Hap Harrington, Steve McAuley, and all the other past members of the Murfreesboro Bicycle Club who have worked over the years on making Murfreesboro a bicycle friendly town. I for one certainly appreciate your efforts!

Thank you,

Sarah Lovett
615-202-3072

Re: Both Tuesday Night Rides Cancelled

I can help to convert the document in a PDF file. Let me know where I can pick up the docs.

Re: Both Tuesday Night Rides Cancelled

I can help to convert the document into a PDF file. Let me know where I can pick up the docs.

Re: Re: Both Tuesday Night Rides Cancelled

Thanks Yvonne - Dorothy got it this morning and the document is now available on our website. Thank you Eric and Dorothy for helping to make this available to everyone!!