General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Informational Meeting - Rucker Lane Widening/Road Construction Updates

I have talked with one of the engineers with Wiser and I am sending him an e-mail with our concerns. He will get it to the right people. Everyone does need to make their wishes known to the City Engineers.

Izzy - would you email me the names of the council members who are cyclists?

Bob - Ed are you willing to cancel your Tuesday night rides and bring your regular riders to the meeting on July 17? we could all meet at my house and ride our bikes to the meeting!

I will research bike lanes and murfreesboro planning commission and come up with talking points for anyone interested in speaking at the meeting.

I would suggest that we "meet" either virtually or at my house, sometime the week prior to the July 17 meeting. Let the bicycling advocacy begin with us. An excellent resourse on the web is http://www.bikeleague.org/action/index.php if you are not a member...become one.

You can also learn a good bit about the Murfreeboro Planning Commission at www.murfreesborotn.gov.

Let me know if you are interested in 'getting involved'. we need all the voices we can get!

Tue7-17 Ride & Road Plan Meeting

I'm willing to move the Tue 7-17 ride to Wed 7-18 so that we can go to the road meeting. I think it's important to begin impacting growth strategy. These are major changes planned that affect much of our riding area. We need to become more educated over the next week. I'd also like a response from more of the members.

Cary - if you have any documentation from your previous meetings or know where I can get it, please let me know. My web searches have not turned up anything useful to date.

I have rode with two of our council members. David Edwards and Shane Mcfarland. They seem to be pro-active.