General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Dogbite! beware

Actually, I almost already have. Is this on North itself or on Thompson, just past where it joins with North? About 6 weeks ago, I was riding my trike over there and, without warning, a light brown dog came out of nowhere and bit me on the arm. He never made a sound beforehand, I didn't even know he was there. He kept chasing me so I stopped to confront him. His owner had just pulled into the driveway as this was happening. She was VERY slow to respond to the situation. The dog kept after me and wouldn't let me go without starting after me again. I was yelling at the gal as well as the dog but she still was taking her own sweet time in trying to come over and help me. That's when I threatened to pull my pistol. That did the trick. She really picked up the pace and grabbed the dog by the collar. In the meantime, I was bleeding in the road from a puncture wound. She helped me clean it up and bandage it. The dog had its license so rabies wasn't an issue. I gave her a huge lecture on why she shouldn't let the dog run loose. I also reminded her that many bicyclists use that road and she could face some hard times in the future if she let it continue.

I don't know if it is the same dog or not. This dog lives at the mobile home on the right side of Thompson, in the s-curve, heading toward 99/Rockvale. I let it go because she helped clean me up, was extremely apologetic and promised it wouldn't happen again. The few times I have ridden by since then, I have not seen the dog. If it is the same dog, it looks like it might be time to have someone check into it.

Re: Dogbite! beware

Be sure to report this to the Animal Control folks. Their phone number is 898-7740.

Re: Re: Dogbite! beware

Cant we call the police for instances such as this?

Re: Re: Re: Dogbite! beware

Of course! The police may or may not deal with you directly. They may have animal control take care of everything. If you need to see a doctor then you should definitely get a police report.