General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A place to shoot?

Hi, y'all. Anyone who has ridden with me knows I have pistols. I'll be adding a rifle to the collection in the very near future. Does anyone know of a place to shoot a rifle near Murfreesboro? I know there is a TWRA range in Antioch but I hesitate to drive that far and find it busy. There is also the Owl Hollow club outside of Franklin but that is even farther away. The indoor range in town is very expensive. They do allow rifles but the lanes are only 25 yards. So, how about it? Short of buying a few acres somewhere, am I out of luck on this one?

Re: A place to shoot?

There is a skeet place off of Big Springs Road (think that's the name of it), I used to ride by there often when I lived in the 'boro. The first time past I was worried I'd catch stray buckshot from some kids until I saw it was a place of business.

I used to shoot my rifle and pistols at On Target, a shooting range down from the Y, just past Bone Fish/Jason's deli. Last I knew it was still there but haven't been there since I moved.

On Target is still there

Re: Re: A place to shoot?

Hey Steve,

I am a member at On Target. If you would like I can take you with me on a free pass deal I have. I have a 9mm, 357 and 44 mag. No rifles, but a good friend of mine just bought a Barrett 50 cal. Thats a bunch of gun! anyway, just let me know.

Steve C.

I recently bought a pistol at On Target and got a 1-month free membership. Although they do allow rifles, they only have 25 yards available. I would like to zero the sights at 50 or 100 yards. Also, their membership fee is a bit higher than I would like to pay. I would just prefer the extra distance of an outdoor range for the rifle. I also have a preference to shoot outdoors. I seem to do better for some reason. If I do end up at the TWRA, they also have pistol ranges and a 1-year membership for me and my daughter would be 1/2 of what I would pay at On Target. Which brings me back to my dilemma:
local convenience = high price + compromised shooting conditions
low price and optimum shooting conditions = time + gasoline.

Oh, the madness!

Anyway, thanks for the input so far.

Re: Re: A place to shoot?

Check out Big Springs. I know they have out door trails, as well as skeet/trap set ups. It's not too far...

Come visit me in West TN--I have a 100 yd range with paper & steel targets! We might even sneak out for a bike ride on the Great River Road....