General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hello

Hey all,

I bike around M'Boro all the time, looking to join one of your rides and maybe the club one day. Which one would be better? I also do a lot of mountain biking, when time and money allows.

Jimmy

Re: Hello

It depends on what you're looking for. All of the rides on our calendar are road rides, but we do have members who also do mountain biking. Looking at the calendar ...

Saturday mornings feature two rides. The Comfort Zone rides are around 10 miles and around 10 mpg avg. The other ride is 'ride leader's choice'; usually 40 to 50 miles, with groups breaking off at various paces - generally one group averaging 17-18 mph and one averaging 14-15 mph.

Sunday afternoons are like the open ride on Saturday, only a bit shorter, usually in the 25-30 mile range.

Tuesday evening at Spanntown offer two options - a flat 18 mile route and various other routes of 18 to 22 miles with some hills. Speeds vary, but I make sure no one gets dropped. I believe there are now 3 rides that leave from Sharpsville. One "Tuesday Night at the Races", Bob Barkley leads on at about 15-16 mph, and Dave McLaughlin leads a slower ride.

Both Thursday evening rides run about 25 miles and will generally break into two groups like Saturday morning.

Come on out. I'm sure you'll find a ride that suits your needs.

- Ed Stevens