General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tues or Thurs?

Tuesday ride at Sharpesville is supposed to have 3 groups speed wise- fast(20+), medium(16-18) and a new group somewhere between slow and medium (13-15.
Tuesday ride at the Stevens I have not done.
Thursday ride at Miller's you could find slow to medium riders to ride with.
Thursday ride at Osborne/Emery which I think is moving to Light House Baptist on Thompson Lane is a fast paced ride.
So depending on your speed you pick. At any of them you should be able to improve and get experience riding in groups.
So grab your helmet and come on out.
Cary

Re: Re: Tues or Thurs?

thanks Cary...

Re: Re: Re: Tues or Thurs?

Steve,
I will be leading the ride this coming Saturday, June 9th. There will be a 12 mile loop for the Comfort Zone. There will also be a 30 mile route and a 50 mile route for the other riders.
Please join if you can. All routes start at 8am from Rock Springs Middle School, 3301 Rock Springs Road in Smyrna. My # is 419-1323 if you or anyone has any questions.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tues or Thurs?

Keith, I guess I would be interested in the 30 mile loop. What is the average mph for this one? thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tues or Thurs?

This Saturday's ride should average from 14-18 mph (30 and 50 mile routes). I say that because there are plenty of rolling hills on both routes. The 30 mile will have 1 big climb (Del Thomas Rd.) and the 50 mile will have 2 big climbs. I will be doing the 50 mile, riding near the back to make sure no one is left behind.
Steve, come and join us...you'll do fine. Its a good group, no one is going to leave you out there.
There will also be a 12 mile route for beginning riders.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tues or Thurs?

thanks Keith...I plan to be there. I just got to where I can go up the hill on the way to Bell Buckle from Riverdale HS so I will leave which ride I go on to someone who knows where I would better fit. The mileage isnt a problem I dont think as I did 70 this past w/e

Re: Re: Re: Tues or Thurs?

And, you are welcome to ride even if you have not joined the club! Of course, we hope you will.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tues or Thurs?

thanks Jen. I plan on joining...

Re: Tues or Thurs?

Tuesday at Spanntown Rd (Almaville) is 18-22 miles. Will usually break into two groups, one will average about 15 mph, one a little slower.

Re: Re: Tues or Thurs?

thanks Ed. I will try to make it Tuesday night. It depends on when I get away from work at MTMC. steve