General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bicycle Helmets

The two best brands, in my opinion, are Giro and Bell. I've owned both brands. I now use a Bell, simply because it costs less compared to other brands and the quality is just as good. Giro is a great helmet, but be prepared to pay more.

Re: Re: Bicycle Helmets

I'm thinking of getting either the Bell Furio or Bell Alchera. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Re: Re: Bicycle Helmets

By law, helmets have to meet certain requirements. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get a good helmet.

Re: Bicycle Helmets

Most any helmet will meet the snell test. Just look for the sticker. The more you spend on the helmet the more comfortable it will probably be-more vents, adjustments,lighter,- thus, more comfortable The main test is: does it fit you and are you comfortable wearing it. A good fitting helmet will not feel like you are wearing one. Also different brands fit different shaped heads. Try on different brands and models in that brand until you find one that you will wear without any discomfort. The helmet will save your head so don't skimp on saving your brain.