General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tue Night Rides

Hey, I'm new to the area and would love to join up on a Tuesday night ride. How far are these rides and how fast/slow are they typically? Thanks!

Re: Tue Night Rides

Welcome Andrew. I can't speak for the Spanntown ride but the Sharpsville ride has a fast group that is 20+ mph average then a couple of slower groups maybe 12-15 mph average. And the rides are 20-30 miles some rolling hills unless Junkman sends us to Spain Hill!

No Spain Hill tonignt

Thanks for reminding me. Rumor has it that 1 gravel road is recently paved with the very beginnings of development. Thought we'd try to wear the pavement out before the houses mess us up. We'll at least find out if it's paved. 1st 24 riders get maps.

Re: Re: Tue Night Rides

So where should I go tonight to get in on a ride? I'm just sort of coming off my 'running' season and haven't spent that much time on the bike yet. So I may stick w/ the slower group today. I'm afraid that i'd most likey be somewhere in the middle and i'd hate to slow anyone down.

Re: Re: Re: Tue Night Rides

Tonight's ride is approx 28 mi. Leaving Sharpsville at 5:30 back by dark. No major climbs in the Sharpsville area. Sunset is around 7:38. I don't know what the other ride has planned.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tue Night Rides

Ahh i was hoping for the other ride. That's right by where I live. I'll have to skip on Sharpsville due to time issues. Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tue Night Rides

"The Other Ride" usually rides 20 -25 miles at an easier pace. Riders average from 11 - 16 mph with most in the middle. We wait at all major turns. Sometimes hilly, sometimes flat, always fun! If you really love to climb, at the end of the ride you can always climb the double hill at Spanntown. woohoo!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tue Night Rides

This sounds like the right midweek ride for me. When and where from do you take off?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tue Night Rides

- SPANNTOWN @ 5:30 p.m.
- Ed & Dorothy Stevens 890-2212
Click on Ride calendar one the home page, the scroll down to the Tuesday night rides. All info is there.