General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spring Training Ride

Some of us were lamenting the fact that we can't take off for a week & go to the Safari or some other ride. Not to worry. We have some of the best roads here locally & have decided to make our own ride in scenic Cannon County. To make it feel like a real road trip, we're going to sleep in the woods either in the house which is really like a cabin or in a tent which is well...like a tent. To make it feel more like a road trip, we decided to invite our closest bike friends. So, anyone that wants to ride is invited. We will have a refrigerator, shower (I think), stove, camp fire &/or grill. Otherwise, this is 100% self supported meaning byo (bike, food, tent, beer, whatever & wash your own dishes).

The plan is to do to ride approx 60 mi Friday 4/27, do Crankin Cannon County on Saturday, Ride 30 or 40 mi Sun 4/29 & then make the club ride Sun afternoon. Shorter or longer rides available - just ask. Fri & Sun rides will leave at 10:00 from 1591 Claude Gaither Rd. (off Burt Bergen). Sat ride leaves from the Woodbury Square at 8:00. You're welcome to join us for the rides &/or Fri/Sat tent/cabin camping.

We'll be going out to the cabin this Sunday to acess it's condition & do a little clean up. (Perhaps we can sneak in a ride.) You're welcome to come out this Sunday. Feel free to call 351-9394 if you want more info.

Re: Spring Training Ride

Bob;
I would love to join you for all the rides. Does anyone have a "SIDE CAR" to haul me around? Just kidding, sounds like a great week-end. I will be back soon, and looking forward to joining in the club rides again.
GOD BLESS
Mike Taglio taz

Re: Re: Spring Training Ride

I doubt that you mouth is broken, Tag. Why not at least go for some of the after ride eating!! You are loved and missed.

Tag, come hang out.

A day in the country just doing nothing ain't all bad. Bring the family. Have a picnic.

update

cabin is in good shape. Grass is cut. Showers work, Phone not working (perhaps the repairman will come fix it). Cell service within 3 miles (We don't need no stinkin phone.) Plenty of floor space inside & tent outside. 1st ride leaves at 10:00 Friday, 1591 Claude Gaither Rd, Readyville, TN 37149. Googlemaps has it.

I'd love to join you guys, but I'm stuck working friday! Although, I think I have talked my husband into doing the Crankin' Cannon Co. I also plan on riding with you on sunday.

Be safe

Bob,
When does the Friday shindig start? Maybe I can whittle my way thar!!
Wud u post the time? Thanx, Yvonne (A Hillbilly at Heart)

Re: Re: Spring Training Ride

Friday ride at 10:00 a.m.