General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We are READY for the Tour de Boro...and a rain?

Hi All,

First, let me say....I just love you all! I can not tell you enough how helpful you have been to us this year!

Ok, I know you said bike riders will ride in the rain...so, we are prepared for GO...even with the rain. I wanted to get your thoughts on the rain predicted for Saturday. Any advice other than rain gear and tents? Will folks really come out in that kind of weather?

Again, thanks so much for ALL of your help!

Joey

PS - Good Luck on the 21st, I will be there with you in the morning!

Re: We are READY for the Tour de Boro...and a rain?

Speaking for myself, if it is already raining prior to the start I would not participate. Not having any real rain gear, I'd be soaked and miserable in the cold (40° at the start?)

If it is only threatening rain, then I would be there as long as the radar looks clear.

Here's hoping the forecast is clear, I can't wait to ride.

It looks as though the weather is working against you. Yes, there are those daring riders who clip fenders onto their "rain bike" and break out their rain jackets. Unfortunately, I am not one of them. Perhaps if they can make wipers for my prescription glasses I can then join those daring few. Until then I may have to just go to spin class and hope to ride on Sunday.

Re: Re: We are READY for the Tour de Boro...and a rain?

David, would you mind sending me an email. I want to email you about the TCM. Thanks, Jennifer

I paid my money so I will show. If it's really bad, I may just hang out a while, but I need the ride! See you Sat. a.m.

Re: Re: We are READY for the Tour de Boro...and a rain?

Dorothy, you are such a gem! Looking forward to seeing you again :).