General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mooreland Dr. torn up

Correction, it's Mooreland Ln.

Re: Re: Mooreland Dr. torn up

This will be an issue on the Tour De Boro. The long route goes on Moorland. CAUTION to those riding that route. Hopefully some of the Tour De Boro people will put a caution sign up there.

Re: Re: Re: Mooreland Dr. torn up

I contacted the TDB organizers already about this, and even sent them some pictures of the road. This must have happened the day after the route was spray painted. I'm worried because the road is likely to get even more torn up, especially if pipes are going to be laid down. I've seen some detour signs at the ends of Beesley and Rucker which would indicate that is going to happen.

I recommended that they keep going on Rucker to Fortress, left on Blaze and up Brinkley to Manson, and then back down Beesley to shores, continuing the route. This would actually make the ride a full metric plus 1 or 2 miles, even though there are a few stop signs and one light to negotiate.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mooreland Dr. torn up

----which will give them a dangerous left hand turn at Manson and Brinkly/Florence road - be careful of the Saturday morning dump trucks on their way to the quarry, also watch for the torn up road/gravel and trucks at Shores and Beesley intersection where the new 840 tie-in construction is ongoing. Gotta luv progress

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mooreland Dr. torn up

Believe me, I thought about that. Hopefully at 8am or the group's arrival around 9am, there won't be much activity. I haven't heard from Dr. Gray or anyone else from the TDB yet, so I don't know what they'll do. A little traffic control on those left turns should make things safe. I haven't had any problems lately.

Mooreland is a lost cause, as they now have the detour signs at both ends of it and have in fact put out the pipes that they plan to insert into the ground.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mooreland Dr. torn up

Thanks for the heads up. Yep, we moved our route to avoid this area!