General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It wasn't a stroke

I am home now and able to receive visitors. I am going to therapy (OT. for my right arm which was broken at the collarbone , PT, for my right foot that seems to love to wander, and most of all for speech which has suffered t he most) on Mon, Wed, and Fri mornings. I have heard from my employers and they are eager to have me back. I am suffering from a brain trauma and still note that my right side of face as well as right hand are numb. A neurosurgeon at Vandy said it wasn't a stroke, but that it all came from trauma. My PT immediately said that I couldn't have sustained a hit myself, but it had to come from a hit by a car or truck. A word to the wise: Don't go out alone. They are less likely to see you and your reaction time will be shorter.

Re: It wasn't a stroke

I am glad you're home and on the mend. You are right that we shouldn't ride alone. Too many people in too big a hurry that don't pay attention. I'm guilty of this also, but I am trying to be better!

Sorry to hear about everything you're going through, but glad to hear you are home. Let me know if I can help you out in any way. Take care! Chris

Thank you for the update! I'm so glad you are continuing to improve. Let me know when your next appointment is at Vandy and I'll bring you the jersey's you purchased.

Take care!

Sarah

We are so glad you are home. Our prayers are with you and your recovery. Can't wait to see you out and about again.

Re: Re: It wasn't a stroke

Caroline, we are so glad to hear you are home and mending and hope to see you out again soon. Our prayers for continued and speedy recovery.