General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early Morning Rides

Is anyone interested in doing a regular morning ride during the week that hits about 20to30 miles and starts around 7 or earlier?

Re: Early Morning Rides

I can ride but it depends on where you live. Are you that Dave that runs B&B? We can start from the court on the square.

Re: Re: Early Morning Rides

No, I'm a completely different Dave . I live off of Franklin Heights on the west side of town, near Hwy 96.

I can commit to at least one regular daily ride, most likely on Tues or Wed. I ride usually about 20to30miles on a usual weekday run, and I do ride at a pretty fast clip(18+avg). I do not ride if it is raining or excessively windy.

For the single weekday ride that I could commit to/host, I am mapping out 2 or 3 different routes of different difficulty levels and lengths, and would hopefully get them posted to the ride maps portion of the site for reference. I am thinking that BlackmanHS would be a good starting place for my ride, so some of the same ground would be covered that day no matter where we go. It is generally flat out where I am with the exception of some gentle hills like Independence, Windrow, Tiger, etc.

I know the morning presents some challenges for people that work during the day, so the following are my conditions: I have to be done with my rides before 9am, so a 7am start would be critical if the plan is to cover about 30 miles.

YS, Do you use Gmaps Pedometer? With an eye towards some of these rides being a regular thing, I'd love to have some prearranged routes setup for all so that they can pick and choose when and where. I suppose we'd have to arrange the days of the week that we start from the square or from somewhere else, depending upon who is interested.

Re: Early Morning Rides

Hi David, sounds like something I'd be in for 2-3 times a week. Please let me know your thoughts on where and when. Also welcome to start from my house on the south side of town. Todd Stanley.

Re: Re: Early Morning Rides

This sounds like something I would love to commit to in the summer! Keep me posted, and thanks for initiating.