General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wed. ride, Jan. 31st @ 2 pm

Ride will leave at 2 pm on Wed., Jan. 31st from Church at the corner of Osborne and Emery Dr. 20-25 miles. I will be on my fixed gear so it will be an easy pace, no one dropped. Looks like the warmest and sunniest day of the week so come on out and ride.
Cary- 893-0721

Re: Wed. ride, Jan. 31st @ 2 pm

Please don't take this wrong...but does anyone here work during the day? I noticed most all week time rides are during "normal working" hours.

Re: Re: Wed. ride, Jan. 31st @ 2 pm

Those of us who are day workers must do our riding on weekends. Watch for the Sat and Sun rides on the board. Cary and some others are night shift workers or have flexible schedules and get to ride during the weekdays. We all enjoy riding when we can even if we are slow and always "Back There". See you on the road!

Hey Mike! We could be riding later in the day to accomodate day workers, but this time of year we'd be riding in the dark, right?

No, I work nights and just split up my sleep schedule to ride. It helps on my long brevets with sleep deprivation training and needing to ride back to back long days with limited sleep.
Cary

wish I can ride but I get off at around 2:30.. :( Hope you have a good ride!

What's not to love about riding in the dark?

Re: Re: Re: Wed. ride, Jan. 31st @ 2 pm

I ride several times a week from 8PM to Midnight in Franklin. It's dark and cold, but really pretty and hardly any traffic. Just keep an eye out for deer.

Adventure ride: I've found a gravel road that makes Green road look like an ant hill, still nothing like Turkey Scratch, but I think you'd love it.

Best, Thad