General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Hwy 231 South of Shelbyville

Danita,

That road is a beautiful one but it is pretty narrow in places. There is not much of a shoulder in some places. It has some beautiful rolling hills and curves as well. If you do ride it, be safe!

Re: Hwy 231 South of Shelbyville

Danita,

I would describe the road between Fayetteville and Huntsville as similar to riding US41 from Murfreesboro to Nashville. Lots of traffic, crap all over the side of the road, and lots of traffic lights (especially as you approach Huntsville). An alternative would US110. It will get you to the state line but puts you back on US231 for the worst part IMO.

Re: Re: Hwy 231 South of Shelbyville

Thanks guys. Sounds like its not worth it. Think I'm going to do the MRT from Memphis to Reelfoot Lake instead. I've ridden that one a couple of times and know it better.

Re: Re: Re: Hwy 231 South of Shelbyville

Danita, you are the woman. Will this complete your year of centuries? How many total? Hats off to you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks

Thank you. I'll have at least one century for every month in 2006 plus a few extra (18 for the year). It's been fun!

Congratulations on your Year Round Award!! For those that do not know that's an award given by Ultra Marathon Cycling for those that complete at least 1 century in each of the 12 months. Which in our part of the country can be pretty tough in some winter months.

Cary

WAY TO GO DANITA! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!