General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Goodness

Friends,

Judging from this forum and from the numerous cards and notes I have witnessed, the MBC is actually a mutual aid society on wheels.

Not only do you shower gifts and well wishes on everyone that deserves them, you even pick on an old guy who doesn't have enough sense to stay out of the traffic.

And then, to top it off, you teach this random kindness to your kids! I wish I could show you the hand-drawn get well card from Zach, with a purple bicycle on it.

The fruit basket and notes are greatly appreciated. They reinforce my opinion of some fine people.

See you next spring

dc

Re: Goodness

Good to hear from you, Dave. Are you bored yet?, working? There truly are some good folks in our club and you are one of them. Don't forget to come to the Christmas Party and Chili Ride-you are permitted to eat and not ride. L

Re: Re: Goodness

Get better. Work hard. Docs may predict limitations. Don't believe them. They're not the one doing or in charge of the rehab. Do you know what happened?

Re: Re: Re: Goodness

Thanks, Bob.
I am currently able to work at a computer for 5 hours, slowly improving. The doc is a bicyclist, so he may be on my side on the rehab part. If not, I will ignore him.

As for what happened: In a nutshell, I going east on an open road in Franklin and was rear-ended by a person who did not see me. It was early and the sun was probably in her eyes. I felt I was in the proper place in the road, about 2 feet to the left of the margin line.

Possible risk amelioration: 1. Don't ride when the sun is so low. 2. Get a tail light. 3. Ride closer to the edge (has its own risks). 4. Ride in Rutherford County 5. Don't ride (unacceptable)

Re: Goodness

Now I know what it takes to get a fruit basket. I hope I don't ever qualify for one. Good luck on your recovery.