361st FG Message Board

361st FG Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dedication of Memorial to Group Commander Col Thomas J.J. Christian

Lou Christian Loving announces that there will be a monument dedication ceremony honoring her father, Colonel Thomas Jonathan Jackson Christian, Jr., on May 31, 2004, Memorial Day, at the Texas State Cemetery in Austin, Texas, at 11:30 am.

The Honorable Rick Perry, Governor of Texas, will be giving the keynote address. The monument features an etching of the "Lou IV" flown by Col. Christian on the front during WWII, and the seal of the 361st F.G. on the back.

The public is welcome.

Re: Dedication of Memorial to Group Commander Col Thomas J.J. Christian

I have posted a picture of the memorial on my MSN website

http://groups.msn.com/361stFighterGroupWWII/_homepage.msnw?pgmarket=en-us

I've been very touch by the memorial photo. It's so lovely.

I organize in august (friday near 12th august) a ceremony for Colonel Christian in Boisleux au Mont and Arras Memorial. If some of you are in France at this time, let me know.

We will remember him.

Laurent WIART

I just saw this message. My father served under Col Christian in the 361st and I am glad to know that Col. Christian will be honored in this way. I have heard from my father that he was such a fine man and good leader.

I just wanted to ask: Is any Group member or Group relative is traveling from San Antonio to Austin for the ceremony? If so, could you please email me separately? plhhmail@yahoo.com

My father lives in San Antonio. Unfortunately, I live out of state, so will not be able to attend.