361st FG Message Board

361st FG Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Father in 361st

My Dad was in the 361st/374th FS during WWII; he was an armorer;
His name was SGT. Ovid D.(Slim) Harris & he was from Texas; He passed away in 1990.
I have a small but interesting journal that he kept from his time spent overseas in England & Belgium; Also I have quite a few old photos of planes & his fellow airmen. If anyone is interested I would love to hear from them, even if they did not know my Dad.
I'm currently working on 1/18th scale P47 & P51 aircraft to have markings of the planes he used to arm.
Thanks for reading this,
Dale Harris

Re: Father in 361st

My grandfather was in the 374th. He was a pilot and I do not have a lot of info on his service. I do have a lot of pictures, log books, orders and such. His name was Jesse Adkins. If you have any info on him that would be great, but if not it's great to see someone else looking to preserve their history.

Re: Re: Father in 361st - To Dale & Michael

It is great to hear from you both - I will contact the group historian to see if I can get more information for you both - in the meantime we would love to help preserve your relatives piece of history by displaying some of the photos & documents on this website - it may also help jog a few memories.

Please get in touch

Very Best Regards

Jason webb
361fg.com webmaster