361st FG Message Board

361st FG Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John Landers P-51D, 'Big Beautiful Doll' in 361stFG markings.....

I recently finished a 1/24 scale P-51 model in the markings of Col. John Landers P-51D 'Big Beautiful Doll' in 361stFG markings.
The pictures of it and also of Landers P-51D with the 375thFS codes can be seen in the articles section at;

www.jackalsquadron.org

Look for part 6 of the 'Crazy Horse' article.

To go directly to the page, copy/cut and paste this url;
http://www.jackalsquadron.org/pages/content/articles/p51_cq/page6.html

This is a 'never before' published picture of the last 361st Commanders P-51D Mustang.

Peter Randall has also added the picture to his 361st gallery on his 'Little Friends' website.

Thanks to Jack Johnston, son of 375th pilot John W. Johnston for the picture.

Re: John Landers P-51D, 'Big Beautiful Doll' in 361stFG markings.....

Wow, that is a very nice looking model. I had been looking for photos of John Landers 361st Mustang for quite some time for a project I am working on myself. I hope you don't mind if I use your model as a reference? Stop by the site and check it out, we are coming along fairly well. www.361stvfg.com

Re: Re: John Landers P-51D, 'Big Beautiful Doll' in 361stFG markings.....

Thank you for the compliments Sean. Please feel free to referance my model as needed.

Cheers
Craig

Re: Re: Re: John Landers P-51D, 'Big Beautiful Doll' in 361stFG markings.....

Thanks Craig, I will send you the finished product.

Re: Re: Re: Re: John Landers P-51D, 'Big Beautiful Doll' in 361stFG markings.....

Craig, I had Landers "Big Beautiful Doll" in Group Hq line when I was line chief for the 361st Hq line. I flew with the Colonel in a 2-seat P-51 that we built from a brand new P-51 that would not balance out.
Bob