361st FG Message Board

361st FG Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Questions about the 361st or Correspondence

Hello,
I am the secretary of the 361st Fighter Group Association, Inc and Newsletter Editor having taken over following the death of Joe Redden.

I will be happy to try and answer any questions you may have about 361st Fighter Group members living or dead.

Re: Questions about the 361st or Correspondence

Joe,
This is Dotty Dixon, Herb Dixon's daughter. I have a question regarding a water color (do not think it is a print) that is signed S. Rames. I did some research (and now can't find it) that had a photo and info on him. This painting hung in the living room since I'll guess late 70's. Not sure when dad got it or under what circumstances. No one else in the family wanted it but I knew mom and dad thought a lot of it because it was a likeness of St Johns Church in Crawshabooth England where my mothers family is from. Upon researching the artist, it brought me right around to here. I would appreciate any additional info on the artist/flyer. On a side note, I also got a small china mug no one wanted that was full of cancelled stamps my mother saved. In the bottom was my dad's dog tag. What a score !!!

Re: Questions about the 361st or Correspondence

Stan Rames is the artist and a 361st FG pilot. He is no longer on the 361st Roster. Last address was Hot Springs Arkansas. email me directly at sonofp51@suddenlink.net