361st FG Message Board

361st FG Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Any info on Russel E. Kenoyer

Michael,

Your Uncle went down on the 16th April 1945 after the group strafed Kircham, Reichersburg, Pocking and Muhldorf airfields.

Will speak to the group historian and see if we can find out more for you. Someone may have the MACR (Missing Aircrew Crash Report).

Best regards

Jason
www.361fg.com

Jason thanks so much for help. I did know the date he was put down, but you already have told me more than I knew.

Any other information would be so beneficial. I have all of his letters he sent home, and have talked with his fiancee but thats about where the trail ends.

Michael,

Just spoken to Steve Gotts, the Group historian, he thinks he may have a copy of the MACR and possibly even a photo of E9-L. He's going to look into and will be back to me in a few days time.

In the meantime if you do have any of your uncle's memorabilia you would like to copy or donate we are opening a museum dedicated to the 361st FG in one of the group's old buildings in Bottisham, Cambs, UK.

Best regards

Jason

Jason,

Thats awesome news! Thanks so much for your help. I will talk to my great grandmother and see what else we have kicking around that I can get copied over to send to you--i have a few photo's and I should be able to get his letters copied.

Photo's of his plane would be huge, and a copy of the MACR would be so informative!

Thanks again,

Michael

I have just been going through all my father's things after his recent passing. He also flew in P-51s in the 361st / 376 with Lt. Kenoyer. I found a snapshot of him in my dad's album. If you like, send me your e-mail address and I will shoot it out to you.
Stewart Chalmers (son of Allen Chalmers).

Stewart,

thank so much for the photo! This is one my family does not have in their collection till now--you have passed on a heirloom to us and it is beyond appreciated!

--Mike

Hello,

My name is Debbie Kenoyer and my husband Scott is Russell E. Kenoyer's nephew! I happened upon this site while searching Russell's name as I am really getting into our Family History! Russell was my father-in-law Winfreds youngest brother.

If you still have a copy of that picture of Russell and would be willing to e-mail me a copy, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for any help you can give us...

Debbie

Hi Michael,

Russell E. Kenoyer is my husband Scott's Uncle...Scott's Dad was Winfred. We have very little information on Russell and I was wondering if you would be willing to e-mail a copy of pictures of him to us.

Thanks for any family history you can give to us!

Debbie

Debbie:
Just came across your post. I have forwarded a couple of pictures from my late father's albums. Hope they are of some help!
Stewart

For anyone else researching the 361st looking for pictures from '44 - '45, post a message.... if I can find anything I will be happy to send it your way!
(son of then Lt. Allen "Jim" Chalmers)

Debbie,

My sincere apologies. I havent checked this site in over a year. I just emailed you a bunch of info!

Thanks so much

Michael.