Return to Website

Legio Patria Nostra Antwerp

Here you can start a discussion about any topic of the Legion, voor vragen of om een discussie te starten ga je gang.

Legio Patria Nostra Antwerp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: More 3eme REI Questions

Normal they just send you where they will, you can always ask for an regiment at the end of the training in Castel, but it works likes this, the guy with the best results has the first choice and than number 2, 3, 4, ... till nothing is left to choose from. But there are not so many guys to go voluntarily to French Gyuana, because it can be very hard there. I asked to go to 5RE and they have send me to 3REI, and after a few weeks i liked it a lot over there. I remember we once had an exercise with American Marines, but this was only for one day, and i was a good experience. And we did also had several times combat training with the regular French army (we always walked over them). After the two years in Guyana they will send you to a regiment in France, in every regiment you serve you have to make speciality courses, because every regiment has his speciality.

When you really want more info you can have a look at "Voltigeurs website" or "Collin Smith", i've made a link to them under "Legioenlinks"

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Normaly they just send you where they will, you can always ask for an regiment at the end of the training in Castel, but it works likes this, the guy with the best results has the first choise and than number 2, 3, 4, ... till nothing is left to choose from. But there are not so many guys to go volontairely to French Gyuana, because it can be verry hard there. I asked to go to 5RE and they have send me to 3REI, and after a few weeks i liked it a lot over there. I remember we once had an exercise with American Marines, but this was only for one day, and i was a good experience. And we did also had several times combat training with the regular French army (we always walked over them). After the two years in Guyana they wil send you to a regiment in France, in every regiment you serve you have to make speciality courses, because every regiment has his speciality.

When you really want more info you can have a look at "Voltigeurs website" or "Collin Smith", i've made a link to them under "Legioenlinks"

Replying to:

That's good to know, I want to join the legion and I've always been interested in the jungle and the amazon(although I've never visited that area of the world before). Do they look for EV's with certain qualities to join the 3e REI? What would those qualities be? I also have a question regarding the fact that a tour in French Guiana is 2 years, what happens after the 2 years? Do you get transfered to a new regiment or does the 3e REI have a headquarters in Metropolitan France aswell? Can a person do more that one tour in French Guiana? Are there facilities to take specialty courses while in Guiana (such as medic or tireur d'elite)? Do any other armies visit Guiana to train with the 3e REI, how often would this happen? Thanks for any help.

Replying to:

Hi Scott, it is possible that they send you to Guyana after your basic training in France. It happened with me, after 4 months in Castelnaudary i was send to French Guyana, it al depends of the places that are available at that time. I think there has to be place for about twenty Legionairs each month to be sent to Guyana.

Replying to:

Can an EV go directly into 3eme REI after Castel? Are their Many place available in the 3eme REI for new recruits?

Merci

Merci bien pour l'aide. J'aime ce site et les images.

Replying to:

Normal they just send you where they will, you can always ask for an regiment at the end of the training in Castel, but it works likes this, the guy with the best results has the first choice and than number 2, 3, 4, ... till nothing is left to choose from. But there are not so many guys to go voluntarily to French Gyuana, because it can be very hard there. I asked to go to 5RE and they have send me to 3REI, and after a few weeks i liked it a lot over there. I remember we once had an exercise with American Marines, but this was only for one day, and i was a good experience. And we did also had several times combat training with the regular French army (we always walked over them). After the two years in Guyana they will send you to a regiment in France, in every regiment you serve you have to make speciality courses, because every regiment has his speciality.

Replying to:

Normaly they just send you where they will, you can always ask for an regiment at the end of the training in Castel, but it works likes this, the guy with the best results has the first choise and than number 2, 3, 4, ... till nothing is left to choose from. But there are not so many guys to go volontairely to French Gyuana, because it can be verry hard there. I asked to go to 5RE and they have send me to 3REI, and after a few weeks i liked it a lot over there. I remember we once had an exercise with American Marines, but this was only for one day, and i was a good experience. And we did also had several times combat training with the regular French army (we always walked over them). After the two years in Guyana they wil send you to a regiment in France, in every regiment you serve you have to make speciality courses, because every regiment has his speciality.

Replying to:

That's good to know, I want to join the legion and I've always been interested in the jungle and the amazon(although I've never visited that area of the world before). Do they look for EV's with certain qualities to join the 3e REI? What would those qualities be? I also have a question regarding the fact that a tour in French Guiana is 2 years, what happens after the 2 years? Do you get transfered to a new regiment or does the 3e REI have a headquarters in Metropolitan France aswell? Can a person do more that one tour in French Guiana? Are there facilities to take specialty courses while in Guiana (such as medic or tireur d'elite)? Do any other armies visit Guiana to train with the 3e REI, how often would this happen? Thanks for any help.

Replying to:

Hi Scott, it is possible that they send you to Guyana after your basic training in France. It happened with me, after 4 months in Castelnaudary i was send to French Guyana, it al depends of the places that are available at that time. I think there has to be place for about twenty Legionairs each month to be sent to Guyana.

Replying to:

Can an EV go directly into 3eme REI after Castel? Are their Many place available in the 3eme REI for new recruits?