My Message Forum (click to edit)

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

SATYA ADVAITA FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SHOULD WE RELY ON GOD ON OUR DAILY LIVING CONDITIONS?

Should we rely on God on our daily living conditions? Or does He want is to be free and independent?
Harish Kumar
Where will we want to seek Brahman? He is immanent in all beings. Here & There is the visible...
Shantanu Panigrahi
Harish Kumar In my experience God as Sri Krishna is a real Supreme Being who is indwelling in Brahman. So this Brahman alone is where one seeks God.
Shantanu Panigrahi
Surbhi Trivedi When one 'relies' on another Entity to assist one in making decisions on the things that affects us in our daily lives, one is weak. This reliance means that whatever one does in bhakti to God is just sanatan dharma, which may not be true. There is no way of determining whether God either exists in the manifest form from His normal dormant form in Brahman for one to interact with Him even if one assumes that He would make Himself available to bhakta to answer his questions that the bhakta needs. There is also the question of conscience, should one ask God to assist one in the normal processes of living when He has given us a free will and independence quite clearly to make our own decisions. Is that respectful towards God. Should we impose ourselves on Him. So on balance, I do not seek nor rely on God and am free and independent valuing my liberty. As you sow so shall you reap. I wish to be responsible for my own actions whether or not it leads me to material welfare in the course of running my life. Others may see it differntly of course. My view is what I describe as Vishista-advaita Vedanta in which Liberation or Moksha is the paramount consideration. One cannot be liberated or attain moksha if one relies on another living being, man or God. How do you see it?
Shantanu Panigrahi
Brahman is not God Sri Krishna. We are Brahman, part of the Reality and jivataman part. We cannot correspond with any Brahman, only with Sri Krishna as God. Brahman is just physical energy consisting of sattvic, rajasic and tamasic gunas. which do not impart messages to the jivatman or instructions on how the jivataman should make decisions that affect his karma and dharma. If one adopts the properties of these gunas or blends of these three properties one ends up doing specific karmas and resulting dharmas. I have found that rajasic path alone leads to sanatan dharma that is what is acceptable to God Sri Krishna as the eternal law of the universe. This is because the rajasic path is the truth-based path and truth-based dharma, and 'dharma rakshati dharma': simple as that.
Shantanu Panigrahi
Raman U Valand Even bearing God or Brahman in mind is bondage and restricts the freedom to act nonchalantly, spontaneously and unpremeditatedly so is not conducive to Sanatan dharma. Losing all one’s attachments generates sanatan dharma which leads to liberation as moksha. This is the sanatan dharma that is referred to when in the scripture ‘dharma rakshati rak****a’.