General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Saturday Ride

1. I so wish I could take credit for this ride but it was given to me from a friend that set the course for race training. It is a great route and will work the crap out of you.

2. I tried to get those two into the ride but it would have had to be a century to make us climb both of them. don't be surprised if I make a century using this for the Nov or Dec century. As Janet would say it would be a lovely ride.

Saturday Short

Here is the one that I used when I did this ride last time. Not too bad of a ride.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1756920

Re: Saturday Short

That's perfect Ted! Thanks!

Anyone else up for this shorter route? I'm thinking a start time of 9:00.

Janey

I plan to do the shorter ride at 9:00

I plan on being there also at 9.

Looks like RideWithGPS has some "issues". The map is good, but the cue sheet has more errors than an early Mets game.

---
Very first two turns (I guess they assumed you'd know that you started out heading west on Blaze).
-- Left onto Brinkley
-- Left onto Timber Creek
Nope. If you turn left off of Blaze, you are going south, and Timber Creek is NORTH of Blaze. Regardless of where you start, it is a directional impossibility to turn left onto Brinkley, then left onto Timber Creek.
Cue sheet correction: turn RIGHT onto Brinkley

-- Turn right (off Spanntown) onto Old Horton
No, Old Horton doesn't even come close to Spanntown.
Cue Sheet Correction: Turn right (off Spanntown)onto Nolensville Rd, then in another .6 miles, bear right onto Old Horton.

--Turn right (off Old Horton) ont TN-11/,,/,/Nolensville Rd.
--Turn right (off Nolensvile Rd) onto McCanless
No, Old Horton dead ends into McCanless without hitting Nolensville Rd.
Cue Sheet Correction: Turn right (off of Old Horton) onto McCanless

--Turn right (off of McCanless) onto Beulah Church Rd
--Turn right (off of Beulah Church) onto McCanless
No, if you turn right onto Beulah Church, you are headed for Independent Hill, and away from McCanless. Once you turn right off McCanless onto Beulah Church, there is no turn back on to McCanless.
Cue Sheet Correction: Drop both of these and stay on McCanless

--Continue straight onto Del Thomas
--Turn left (off of Del Thomas) onto Independent Hill
Del Thomas parallels Independent and never intersects it.
Cue Sheet Correction: Turn right off Dell Thomas onto Paw Paw Springs, THEN left onto Independent Hill.

-------
Please don't think I'm busting anyone's chops. (Well except maybe RideWithGPS's). I just find it fascinating that the computer-generated cue sheet has so many serious errors.

I checked and all of the errors are simple "click" errors, which are easy to make. If the map is zoomed too far out when you are drawing the route, a click may accidentally catch a side road, creating a turn, and the next click then makes you turn again to get back on the correct route.

Other than zooming in a little when creating the route, the easy answer is to never click near an intersection. Click well before or well after the intersection.

RE: Cue Sheet problems

Route deleted since the only way to fix it is to remake the route.

Would have been faster to remake it and and post the new one than list out the problems.

Mark
Thanks and that is what I will try from now on.