General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thursday 5:45pm -- Patterson Baptist Church

Charge up your batteries and let the night rides begin!

We still have 3 more months of riding this year, so here's a good opportunity to stay in shape for those longer Saturday rides. As in years past, the pace will be moderate, and we'll stick together as a group or break into a few groups if there are large differences in speed. For the sake of both safety and camaraderie, no one will be left behind.

For those that haven't done these night rides in past years, I almost always pick extremely low traffic roads -- I'm guessing 5-6 cars most nights over the whole 20-25 miles. There may not be a lot of variety, but when it's dark, it all looks the same anyway, and I prefer to keep us safe. While cars are not an issue, please be mindful of occasional wildlife.

You will need a very good headlight -- typically one with a rechargeable battery. A good blinkie tailight is also required, and reflective clothing is highly recommended. This is not an official club ride. Print your own cue sheets here if you'd like, but they are hard to read in the dark. By sticking together we can just follow GPS cues.

Patterson 24.1

Re: Thursday 5:45pm -- Patterson Baptist Church

See you there.

Re: Thursday 5:45pm -- Patterson Baptist Church

I'm in...