General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Google Groups

Here is the link for Google Groups. It's a great, free way, to network with others of similar interest. I suggest that you set one up for off calendar rides and ask people to let you know if they want to be included. It's free and it's not facebook.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!overview

Re: Aug. Words from the Prez.....

I do have one question. If I am looking for a ride partner on a club ride day, can i post a message seeking the partner? For example I would make a request for the day and time and include my email address? is this scenario against club rules?

On a side note, I'm not sure I want my phone number published in a member directory. I use my cell phone as a home phone and try to be judicious with our minutes.

Kellee

Lets bring all this up at the Sept club meeting where we can openly discuss the issues and see what the CLUB as a whole wants. Important thing have FUN and RIDE SAFE. See everyone on the road.
Bill Heim

George, I'm afraid that I am the problem with getting first of the month rides updated on the site. I've been meaning to do it and just have let it slip my mind since I got the newsletter out. Thank goodness the ride leaders posted details about this Saturday's rides.

As soon as I post this email, I'm going to upload the August ride calendar so that will be available and I'll update the rides on the web site tomorrow.

As for the suggestion to post members' contact information, we have thought of that before, and informal polling of the members have led us to believe that there are a significant number who don't want their contact information posted on a public web site. It might be different if it was members only, but it's not. Why not? The current website architecture does not have that capability. Which all leads back to my failings to re-architect the site. Hmmm. Maybe I am the source of all your prolems...

Finally, it is my belief, and only a belief since I don't Facebook either, that one can get a Facebook account and check out and post in a group without swallowing the whole Facebook kool-aid pitcher. Before you ask all of us to change something we have been doing for years, maybe you could consider changing one thing that you don't do that would give you the ability to do something you apparently so greatly desire. Just a thought.

And really finally, if you want to print off the rides, open the newsletter with the pdf reader, go to the ride calendar page and print it. You can print that one page; you don't have to print the entire newsletter. You're having to dig pretty deep for that complaint.

I think you need to ride more. It will improve your disposition. :)

Hope to see you at a ride soon.
Steve