General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Saturday's Route for Review

So are you suggesting I abandon this portion of the route for more frequently traveled pathways?

I will adjust based on your concerns - but I may still explore the route later - might be good for a future adventure - stay tuned.

I agree with Mike. I'm about 90% sure it does not connect except through someone's property. It's not the dogs I'm worried about.

Like the time we had a warning shot fired across the bow on Frank Holt Rd off Dickens which according to google maps connected with another to Burt B.

I'm always up for an adventure though!! Might meet some new friends.

I don't think Dement Hollow goes through. No connection is a reason to take Locke Creek & also why it wasn't considered for HOT....hmmmm new road. (but I've thought wrong before)

Up Locke Creek is a little steep for this time of year. The next connection to Pleasant Ridge is Auburntown but a more interesting choice is Doolittle.

Perhaps scout Dement with bailout option to Doolittle. It appears to add a few miles.

What are your thoughts for the 30?

No going up Locke Creek when I'm the creator - so I'll rework the route - figure in a 30 miler and post something after we walk the dogs and eat some supper.

Stay tuned!