General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CRAM

Never too much info! Clarksville has been recommended to me multiple times as a good place to start due to the relatively flat route as compared to starting with something more local which would be a double challenge - distance plus hills. I've read some reviews about the spring CRAM and it seems like a lot of people say it's less well-organized than the Sunshine Century in September, but they all would still go back anyway because they like the route. Thanks for your input!

Re: CRAM

Kelly, the toughest part of the CRAM (Memorial Day weekend) or Sunrise Century (Labor Day weekend) is the last 5-6 miles. The routes are the same for both ride weekends. The last 5-6 miles you're on a 5 lane road (with really wide shoulders and no shade) through an industrial area. You're going slightly uphill. The 3 times I've done the ride in Clarksville the wind blows pretty strongly in your face coming back in. Once you're off of that road it gets easier again but you're back on 2 lane Rossview road near the school where you started. Traffic will have picked up quite a bit by the time you reach this point and you're crossing over the interstate so extra care is required.

With all of that said it's a great ride. I enjoyed doing three times and I will do it again. I likely will not do the Cram as I will probably go ATV riding instead.

Bill