General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New to group - excited to ride week nites?

Good Morning,

Now that the time has changed, I believe I read that starting April maybe there would be some group rides during week nights? Just curious the approx times or locations, distances (based on the past)that usually happen?

I work in Nash til 5, so wasn't sure if I might be able to make it or not?

Excited to get some rides in, I still a newbie as I only got into cycling last year, but look forward to more rides and challenges.

Thanks

Re: New to group - excited to ride week nites?

Hello Akirkfoto - welcome! Until after April 7 watch our message board for evening rides.

After April 7 we have two rides on Tuesday's - one from Patterson Baptist Church on Coleman Hill/Patterson Rd. and one from Sharpville Church on Halls Hill Pike. Both start at 5:30. On Wednesday night, there's a ride from Rockvale Community Center that starts at 5:30. On Thursday's you can choose from Lascassas Baptist Church or Miller's Grocery in Christiana - they both start at 5:30.

The Tuesday/Thursday rides generally are 18 - 28 miles depending on daylight hours. Pace can be anywhere from 13 - 20 mph average. The Wednesday ride is generally shorter - 12 - 18 miles, and a slower pace.

We publish a newsletter at the beginning of each month with the ride calendar - you'll be able to contact the ride leaders at that point for more information.

If you have other questions, contact Keith Whitaker - he is our Ride Director for the 2012 Ride Season. You can find his contact information on the Officer page of this website.

Hope to see you on the road.

Sarah

Re: New to group - excited to ride week nites?

thanks so much for your reply, I'm looking forward to getting out with the group this year