General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: mcminnville

Yes, we usually ride at 2:00 as we did today. We leave from the Drivers License Testing facility across from the Warren County H. S. on the Vervilla Road. Unfortunately, Bill Martin was bitten on his left thigh by a large dog while we were on Northcutt Cove Road this afternoon. We will need more good riders like yourself to take his place. He will be out for a while.

I hope you shot him...the dog, not Bill...

I preceded Bill down the hill and did not see the dog or the attack. In other words, I was useless.

Time to go hunting. It is the season. Legal council indicates that leash laws and owner legal responsibility apply in both Warren and Cannon counties regardless of native opinion.

I am sorry I let the cycling community down. I did get one less than a mile from Bill's Waterloo, but the big one eluded me.

Hello, men,

I thought I would give you an update. Everything seems to be going well. My left thigh is dark purple from my knee up 2/3 of the way to my hip. Besides the three big holes in my leg, I keep finding more little holes -- maybe two dozen, so far. And the swelling is down to about 1/2 inch above normal now. The pain pills are definitely working better today.

Mr. Corley, I am definitely considering the purchase of a firearm and bike holster now. Only difference: I may go for something a little more heavy duty. A 9mm Glock doesn't seem unreasonable at this point.

Funny thing. When the pit bull got me, the two deputies who took my report recommended packing heat on the bike and shooting to kill. The deputy who took this report did the same. Then, he told a story. He said that, back in the late 70's, he rode his Fuji west-to-east across the bottom of Michigan. Said he had to kill three dogs in self-defense during the ride.

I reckon, in Warren County at least, we have some sympathizers among the sheriff's department.

Have a great week, men. I won't be riding for awhile.

Bill Martin

38 S&W Airweight. 3 rat shots + 2 hollow points for the bigger game + a speed loader for an extended engagement. I wish I had been there.

cannon co. Posse

We needed you. I wish you had been there.