General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Saturday BBQ Raid to Alexandria

Janey! If you are planning to ride Saturday then we may tag along. I, like you, don't want to be lost wandering aimlessly in Liberty. As long as there are store stops we should be okay. Weather will be awesome.

Sounds hilly. How many miles approximately?

The route is 53 miles. Cue sheets and maps will be provided. There is less than 3000 feet of climbing. There are more store opportunities than one could ever need. I have a Gatoraid stash hidden at the grave of John Corley in Mt. Zion near mile 24. Lunch is mile 30 at the Alexandria Fairgrounds. I will not drop anyone. I admit my prejudice, but I think this a beautiful and interesting ride. Roads we will use have been ridden and fought over by the likes of Generals Morgan, Forrest, Patton, and Jackson (some were shooting blanks). We will see historic Liberty Main Street which is on the National Register. Breakfast is available in Woodbury at the Lions Club Building. I plan to eat there prior to the ride and take advantage of the pancakes. This building is near the baseball fields to the south of the first red light as one enters Woodbury from M'boro.

Re: Saturday BBQ Raid to Alexandria- Century option

The scouts will start from Lascassas Baptist Church at 8:00 am. We will ride the first 23 of the HOT metric looking for any remaining losties and join forces with the MBC squaldron in Woodbury. After the raid on Alexandria we will scout new roads on the return to Lascassas and complete our century. The ride is always about the journey...enjoy the view.

Club raid- BBQ route
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/717401

Pre raid
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/715814

Post raid
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/715826

Re: Saturday BBQ Raid to Alexandria- Century option

Thanks for the GPS information. The techies will be happy. With that hungry troop of yours and their extra milage, there will not be a hog left in DeKalb County.

My mount was shod yesterday by the farrier at MOAB and I wish I could join you. Unfortunately, I have previous orders to raid Manchester with a group of dismounted Viking helmet-wearing irregulars.

The raid is beginning. A Manchester trooper and I are headed to Woodbury.

Mike, Thanks for the fun ride and meal.

That was a great ride- thanks Mike!

How did you like the new pavement on Roundtop-Fuston Hollow?

If it was me I would fire the paver. Some of it was good but there was a lot I would not put my name to if I had done it. Overall a good ride thanks for putting it on again.

I guess I was comparingit to the grass growing in the road the last time we traveled it. Thank you and the 18 others that came.

Thanks for a heck of a ride, and an excellent bbq.