General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Please do not post rides competing with regularly scheduled club rides

Just because I am a newbie in the bike club, maybe you can clarify something. When you state it is club policy, do you mean it is written in our club bylaws?

Randy and I have our own Pagan ride that we do on Sunday mornings from our house. The goal is to get a ride in before all those folks who are late for church get on the roads. But you didn't hear this from me. I have always wanted to post a note to the message board to see if anyone would like to join us, but I guess I won't.

I have quit riding in this heat. And I really miss it. There are days when I wish group rides started at 6:30 and the route would be short....like 20 miles just enough to get the blood pumping.

I realized the last time I volunteered to lead a CZ ride that I just didn't have the stomach for it. I love riding CZ, but the stress of having new riders in my care in the heat on rural roads was just too much. That is why I offered to lead a CZ ride on Monday's at the greenway. It's much safer, access to water, bathrooms, and the group can ride as little or as much as they want. Plus, I am hoping to reach new riders who are intimidated at our regular club rides.

Just my $.02.

Re: Please do not post rides competing with regularly scheduled club rides

I would welcome a Sunday morning ride too. I can't make the Sunday afternoon rides.