General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: posting rides

The ride leader chooses what time their specific ride leaves. We have encouraged leaders to take in to consideration the weather and have on occasion had Sunday morning rides. But it truly is up to the ride leader.

I agree with you Todd - in my opinion, early Sunday mornings are the best times for riding - cooler, little to no traffic and then you have the rest of your day to do as you please.

If anyone leading a ride in August wants to adjust their start time to counter the heat index, let Steve know - he can send out an email blast with an updated calendar and update the webpage.

Re: posting rides

With all that in mind and since I don't wake up early on Sunday - I am exercising my prerogative as ride leader on Sunday August 14th and moving the start time to 5 pm.

Route TBD

Re: Please do not post rides competing with regularly scheduled club rides

Late ride on Sunday (5:30) would be welcome.

Just because I am a newbie in the bike club, maybe you can clarify something. When you state it is club policy, do you mean it is written in our club bylaws?

Randy and I have our own Pagan ride that we do on Sunday mornings from our house. The goal is to get a ride in before all those folks who are late for church get on the roads. But you didn't hear this from me. I have always wanted to post a note to the message board to see if anyone would like to join us, but I guess I won't.

I have quit riding in this heat. And I really miss it. There are days when I wish group rides started at 6:30 and the route would be short....like 20 miles just enough to get the blood pumping.

I realized the last time I volunteered to lead a CZ ride that I just didn't have the stomach for it. I love riding CZ, but the stress of having new riders in my care in the heat on rural roads was just too much. That is why I offered to lead a CZ ride on Monday's at the greenway. It's much safer, access to water, bathrooms, and the group can ride as little or as much as they want. Plus, I am hoping to reach new riders who are intimidated at our regular club rides.

Just my $.02.

I would welcome a Sunday morning ride too. I can't make the Sunday afternoon rides.