General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thursday Night Ride Question

Steve, we got rides posted just check it. Thank you and welcome to the MBC.

Thanks for the reply. I saw the ride calendar. But I can't really get the "flavor" of what the two Thursday night rides are like. What are their lengths.... time and/or miles? Typical number of riders? Also, the pace listed is the same for both rides, but does one tend to be faster that the other?

The Thursday night ride from Miller's grocery usually has 15-25 riders. The typical ride is about 25 miles. Sometimes there is also a longer route that may run from 32-40. The ride usually falls into a couple groups, with one running 15-17 and the other 20-22. The faster group does the long ride if one is offered. I can't compare it to the other Thursday night ride - I've never been on it - but most of our rides have a variety of speeds.
Hope that helps.

Yes, there is a Wednesday ride 5:30PM from the Rockvale Community Center. It's a Comfort Zone ride which is typically 15-22 miles. Currently we're riding closer to 22 miles due to the longer daylight hours. While the average pace of the group is less than 13 MPH there are riders that will go faster than that. Thus, you may ride at whatever pace you're comfortable with.

Watch this board the ride leaders are posting the routes 1-2 days ahead of the rides so you should be able to get a flavor of the route. You may want to look at some of the past ride postings for Thursday rides to get a feel. Also, the ride calendar gives a breakdown of the rides I/H/N for example. A key to those codes is also on the calendar.

Hello Steve I lead the ride on thursday night from Lascassas Baptist Church. I have two options a 20+- miles and a 32+- miles. the 32 mile option is usually for the faster riders 17-20 mph the 20 mile option is slower 13-17 mph. Usually about 5-10 riders. Elevation gain about 500 feet per 10 miles on either option but don't hold me to that maybe more maybe less. We leave sharp at 5:30pm Call if you have any questions 273-2147 before 9:00pm I get up early to go swimming at sports com.

Thanks for the info from everyone. I think I will plan on making the ride from Lascassas. Also planning on riding Wednesday afternoon down toward Dickens Hill road to do a little expolring. Thanks again.