General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thur nite ride from LBC

Hey all - New to riding with you all, and trying to get a feel for the different options on Tuesday/Thursday. What's the terrain like for this ride? Assuming like most group rides, there will be the usual hammerheads?

Steve

So much for the 15 mph pace and nobody dropped. I got there about 5:25 (yes a little late) and said Hi to the guy next to me. A lady had me sign in and the next thing I know, everyone was riding out of the parking lot without me while I was putting my shoes on, and one dude looked right at me. No big deal, I will catch them. After 3 miles of 19 to 20 mph pace right out of the gate for 3 miles I gave up. Passed another fellow they dropped at the base of spain hill going back the other way. I did spain hill and finished out about 25 miles by myself. Thanks for a great ride.

I've been "left behind" a few times so I know what you are talking about. Please give us another chance . Bill Gibson has a ride Sat. and then we have a 4th of July ride Mon. in Eagleville that will be awesome. Hope to see you there!