General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Harmonie Hundred April 30/May 1st

A slight possibility....Virgil or Kirk...are you going?

Dave- Larry Kirk told me last Sat. he was going.

Cary

MBC members going: Dianne and I will be there early Friday afternoon- I'm meeting 3 high school buddies- check for my room number or call my cell 616-893-0721

Should be a fun weekend-

Cary

Ride had a good turnout- nice but very windy on Sat. Big storm late Sat, night and it was still raining this morning- most riders did not ride as more rain was forecast.
The National Guard was in New Harmony placing sandbags as the Wabash River is way out of its banks and the visitor center parking lot was under water- river is not to crest until Monday but more rain coming for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
The Ohio River is also out of its banks lots of flooding around Henderson and Evansville- Horse track is flooded- farmers in the area will be very much affected this year as this is planting time but fields are under water.
Was good to see John and Lynn- they had a good ride on the tandem on Sat.- although it was very windy with quite a bit of head and crosswinds- when they finished Lynn said "What wind?"- John did a great job blocking the wind off her.
I had 3 high school buddies join our group and we all had a great time and a nice dinner Sat. night.
Plan to do it again next year.
Cary