General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Locke Creek Road %

Steeper than Locke Creek?! Yikes!

Chris, Bobby (Allen) said to let you know they are having another reunion later in the summer. Let me know if you need his phone number to get in touch with him.

Thanks Kelli, I appreciate it.I saw yall on that tandem a few weeks back...yall looked fast!

Oh, and where is this climb that's steeper than Locke Creek? I want to know so I can avoid it.

Chris- a fellow rider measured the steepest part at 19% several years ago.
Although each year I've ridden it since I think it is getting steeper.

Cary

Tiger Hill I am sure is steeper. Don't know the grade but I would bet it is.

Mike Kobeck
Tiger Hill I am sure is steeper. Don't know the grade but I would bet it is.

You might be sure AND a measurement is called for as it is more accurate than supposition. That begs the question of where Kellie's new found road is.

According to Mapmyride Tiger hill has a couple of sections of 20 + %, and sustained an average of 16% for the climb. But I agree, I am curious about a "new find" that is steeper?

The road is called Rock House Hollow Road.It is in Sumner County, S.S.W. of Westmoreland, T.N. My friends G.P.S.indicated 22%,with a break of 11% followed by 24%,the total length of the climb is only .3 0r .4 tenths of a mile.I will never fear Locke Creek Road again.No, I have not tried Rock House Hollow on a single speed.....YET!