General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bike crash on tue night ride

So sorry to hear about the crash- thoughts and prayers for all.

My friend Shawn Jackson was involved in a bike crash last night but thank God he is ok. He walked out of the ER last night around 9:15 PM. He is sore neck is in a soft brace for protection but CT and x-rays were negative. God was there as he kept Shawn from going over the bridge there on Halls Hill Pike. Thanks for all the riders who stopped and aided and for the ambulance crew that responded. Keep Shawn in your prayers for quick healing and that he can find a new bike as his was totalled.

Sorry for the mix up on who it was that was involved in the crash. Glad everything turned out as well as could be expected.

I'm sorry to hear about the accident and hope Shawn recovers quickly.

Be aware that if a club member has an accident during a club ride, we have insurance that covers up to $10,000 of medical expenses if the person has no primary medical insurance or if the person has insurance, coverage applies to copays or charges not paid by the primary.

I'm not trying to use the accident to sell memberships but it's something we don't normally think of until someone has an accident.

How do we determine eligibility?

Does the person need to be signed in or will a verbal confirmation suffice? Perhaps look at the actual contract to confirm.

Re: How do we determine eligibility?

per the contract, they have to be signed in for that ride and be a club member.

Re: How do we determine eligibility?

I have the sign in sheet and will keep the original in case it is needed in the future.