General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chili Ride Start Time?

Steve will get the announcement out tonight -but the long ride starts at 9:30, short ride at 10:30. There are rumors there will be an earlier start around 7;30 hooking up with the long ride at 9:30 - but that's not official yet.

Not sure about a Comfort Zone ride just yet, but I'm thinking the short ride will be suitable for CZers.

Routes will be the same as last year, and as soon as I can find them I'll post them here.

We will also do a "swap and shop". If you have cycling related items that you don't need/use anymore - bring them - there's bound to be someone who just can't live with out it - and might be willing to trade or buy.

There will also be door prizes and I'll have HOT 100 Jersey's for sale - oh and don't forget the yummy chili!

We'll also give out mileage awards - and best new rider awards on Saturday -

It's a day you don't want to miss! So even if you don't ride - come on out for the eats and award show.

Re: Chili Ride Routes

The long route is:
-L on Bradley Creek Rd leaving CHC
-R Twelve Corners
-R SS- Cainesville Pike
-R Sherilltown Rd (name changes to Beech Log)
-R SS- Hwy 70
-L Mainstreet into Watertown
-R SS Ride by Depot Diner (don't know street name)
-SS Cross HWY-70 onto Statesville Hwy
-R at Statesville Sign (no name for road)
-Cross Bridge turn R onto Greenvale Rd
-L N. Milton Rd
-R Bradley Creek Rd
-L Finish at CHC

L= Left R= Right CHC= Coon Hunters Club SS= Stop sign

And here's the short route:
L- Bradley Creek- leaving CHC
R- Twelve Corners
R- SS Cainesville Pike
R- Greenvale Rd
R- N Milton Rd
R- Bradley Creek Rd
L- Finish at CHC

CHC= Coon Hunters Club L= Left R= Right SS= Stop Sign

Can someone put this into a GPS format and post?

Thanks!

Re: Chili Ride Routes - NOT

I've just been informed that the long route is actually reverse of what I've posted. The GPS route will be posted soon. It will be the correct route.

Cues/GPS to be posted later

The cue sheet Cary sent to me for the long ride is actually slightly different than the reverse of the route shown above. We'll post the corrected cues here after Cary gives us some feedback.

Long Route Cue / GPS

Here's the long route for Saturday's ride. Will post the short route when/if its available.

CHC 38